Thursday, June 7, 2012

Coal Vines

I didn't blog yesterday because I fixed chili for dinner... from a kit. Yes, I was lazy.  I have a lot of those nights, especially when Josh has to work late.  But tonight it was Coal Vines, a pizza and wine bar in Southlake.  It's by Central Market (which we love!) so we've seen it a few times, but always had groceries we needed to take home.

The dining area is small, intimate, with nice decor, candles and "hunormous" mirrors on one wall -- another Levi word.  The opposite wall was filled with wine bottles.  I really liked their music.  It ranged from Frank Sinatra to Kings of Leon to Colby Caillat.  The lighting was low, which was great was for atmosphere but not so much for taking pictures.  I'm sorry they're not the best quality.  Levi also took one of them (the slice of pepperoni pizza below) but I don't think it would have looked any better if I'd taken it.



On Thursday nights, bottles of wine are half-price!  Josh didn't want wine, a single glass cost almost as much as a bottle, and I didn't need an entire bottle all to myself.  So no wine tonight.  But maybe another time, like if we ever get to have a date night.  This would be a great place for date night.  

We started with an order of bruschetta.  It was okay, but the toast was a little overdone.  We couldn't decide on one type of pizza, so we did half Caprese and half pepperoni.  It was amazing, especially the Caprese.  I don't like much tomato sauce on my pizza.  This had sliced tomatoes instead of sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil, and was drizzled with a balsamic glaze.  I can't decide whether or not this was better than Aleda's, another pizza place in Southlake that I'll have to write about sometime.







No comments:

Post a Comment